Laser quenching technology is a kind of surface heat treatment technology that uses a laser beam to heat the metal surface at a very fast rate to carry out impact quenching. It can also carry out surface layer fine grain strengthening solution. So what are the advantages of using laser quenching?Compared with other basic quenching methods, laser quenching technology has the following advantages:
1. The high-precision hard bottom layer of high quality can be obtained. The strength is 15%-20% higher than the basic quenching. After quenching, the wear resistance of pig iron can be increased by 3-4 times, and the quenched deep layer can be accurately manipulated.
2. Only use partial and thin surface heating at the key parts of the work, and the input product has less heat generation, and the effect of environmental protection and energy saving is very good.
3. The heat treatment process has small deformation and no mechanical equipment deformation. It is suitable for high-precision parts and can be used as the final solution process for raw materials and parts. It is because the laser power is high and the effective time with a certain point on the part is very short, so the thermal deformation zone and the overall change of the part are small. This advantage is especially prominent for long product workpieces and thick-walled product workpieces.
4. Because the light directly shines on the product workpiece, it belongs to non-touch heating and over-temperature protection quenching, so this technicality is a clean heat treatment process.
5. Good production and processing softness and wide range of use. It can use the flexible light guide system software to freely direct the laser to solve the position, and then it can easily solve the difficult-to-produce and process areas such as deep holes, internal threads, buried holes, and concave grooves and some areas with very small indoor space.
6. There is no significant mechanical equipment interaction force and special tool loss, low noise, low environmental pollution, pollution-free treatment methods, and good labor standards.
7. The processing technology cycle time is short, the production efficiency is high, and the production is low-cost. The entire processing technology can be operated by an electronic computer. The level of automation technology is high. It can be included in the automatic production line to facilitate mass production.
Choosing laser hardening technology can not only obtain high-precision hard underlayer, but also reduce environmental pollution to the natural environment. It is very critical. Many basic quenching technologies have relatively large environmental pollution to the natural environment, and the noise is also large, causing irreversible adverse effects.
Laser quenching is a quenching technique that uses laser to heat the surface of the raw material above the change point, thereby hardening the surface of the raw material. So what quality advantages and technical characteristics does it have?
1. Quality advantages
Laser quenching has high power, faster cooling speed, and no cooling materials such as water or oil. It is a clean and rapid quenching process. Compared with the processing technology of induction hardening, flame quenching and nitriding quenching, the laser quenching hardened layer is symmetrical, high in strength (generally 1-3HRC higher than induction hardening), the deformation of the workpiece is small, and the deep heating layer and heating motion track are very easy to manipulate , It is convenient to complete the automation technology. It is not necessary to design the relative magnetic induction electromagnetic coil based on different parts specifications like induction hardening. The production and processing of large and medium-sized parts does not have to be subject to the limitation of the furnace specifications during the organic chemical heat treatment process such as nitriding and quenching. Therefore, in many industrial production industries, traditional handicrafts such as induction hardening and organic chemical heat treatment are gradually replaced. The most important thing is that the deformation of the left and right workpieces before and after laser quenching can basically be ignored, so it is very suitable for solving the surface of high-precision parts.
2. Technical characteristics
The main parameters of the deep layer of the laser hardened layer are in accordance with the components, specifications and appearances of the parts and the laser processing technology, and their main parameters are generally in the middle of the range of 0.3 to 2.0 mm. The shaft journals of large and medium-sized transmission gears and the motor shafts of large and medium-sized shaft parts are quenched. The surface roughness basis will not change, and the requirements of specific working conditions can be considered without post-machining and manufacturing.
Laser melting and quenching technology is the use of laser beams to heat the surface of the sheet above the melting temperature. Because of the heat transfer and cooling inside the sheet, the surface of the molten layer is rapidly cooled and the crystals are condensed. The obtained fusion quenching mechanism is very high-density, and the mechanisms along the deep layer are the fusion-condensation layer, the changed hard bottom layer, the thermally hazardous area and the plate. The laser melting layer is deeper than the laser hardened layer, the intensity is higher, and the wear resistance is stronger. The deficiency of this technology depends on the surface roughness of the workpiece surface suffering a certain level of damage, and generally must be repaired after machining. In order to reduce laser melting. To solve the surface roughness of the surface of the parts afterwards, reduce the output afterwards, and configure professional laser fusion quenching architectural coatings, which can greatly reduce the surface roughness of the fused layer. Nowadays, the hot-rolled strip steel, guide and guard and other workpieces of various raw materials in the industry where laser melting is carried out, the surface roughness has already been close to the level of laser quenching. The above-mentioned professional knowledge on the quality and technical aspects of laser hardening will be helpful to many interested people.
I believe everyone is familiar with the laser cladding equipment. It is a new surface modification technology that adds cladding materials to the surface of the substrate, and then melts the surface of the high-energy density laser, and has a surface on the surface of the base layer. Also metallurgical filling equipment. So what characteristics does it have? Let’s take a look.Traditional solid-state lasers are usually pumped by high-power gas discharge lamps, with a pumping efficiency of about 3% to 6%. The large amount of energy emitted by the pump lamp is converted into heat energy, which not only causes the solid-state laser to adopt a bulky cooling system, but also causes the thermal lens effect that cannot be eliminated by the working material, thereby degrading the beam quality. And the life of the pump lamp is about 400 hours, so the operator needs to spend a lot of time to change the lamp frequently. If the system is interrupted, the efficiency of the automated production line will be greatly reduced. Compared with traditional lamp-pumped lasers, solid-state lasers (fiber lasers, disc lasers, diode lasers) have the following advantages:
1. High conversion efficiency: Because the emission wavelength of the semiconductor laser matches the absorption peak of the solid laser working material, and the pump light mode matches the laser oscillation mode, the light conversion efficiency is very high, reaching more than 50%. The efficiency of the whole machine can also be comparable to that of a carbon dioxide laser, which is an order of magnitude higher than that of a lamp-pumped solid-state laser, so the diode-pumped laser is small in size, light in weight and compact in structure.
2. Reliable performance and long life: The life of laser diode is much longer than flash lamp, up to 15,000 hours. The pump light has good energy stability, which is an order of magnitude better than flash lamp pumping. Its performance is reliable. It is a fully solidified device. It is a laser that does not require maintenance until now, and is especially suitable for large-scale production lines.
3. Good output beam quality: Due to the high conversion efficiency of the diode pumped laser, the thermal lens effect of the laser working material is reduced, and the output beam quality of the laser is greatly improved, resulting in the laser beam quality approaching the limit.
4. Fast speed, large depth, no deformation, no slag inclusion in the cladding layer, fine molten pool without pores.
5. It can work at room temperature or under special conditions. For example, the beam will not be deflected after the laser passes through the magnetic field, and it can be used even in a vacuum. It is cladding through glass and transparent materials.
6. Thin-walled laser cladding can be performed, and the substrate has no deformation.
If the cladding materials include powder and base materials, which are highly reflective materials, fiber lasers and diode lasers are not suitable due to their own design characteristics. The disc laser is more suitable for welding (including cladding) and cutting materials with relatively high reflectivity.
Laser cladding, as the name suggests, is a new type of surface modification material technology. According to the method of adding cladding materials on the surface of the substrate, and then using all the machinery and equipment such as higher energy relative density to fuse, the production is completed. Technical craftsmanship.
Laser cladding can be divided into two types according to the method of providing cladding materials, namely, preset laser cladding and synchronous laser cladding.
The preset laser cladding is to place the cladding material on the cladding position on the surface of the substrate in advance, and then use a laser irradiance scanner to melt, and the cladding material is added in the form of powder, wire, and plate. It is more common in powder form.
Synchronous laser cladding is to send the cladding material to the laser, so that the feeding and cladding are performed separately. The key to the cladding material is also to feed it in powder form. Of course, some people choose cables or boards to carry out synchronous feeding.
The key production process of preset laser cladding: first, the substrate cladding surface preparation treatment, and then preset the cladding material, then heat, laser fusion, and finally heat treatment process.
The key production process of synchronous laser cladding: first, the surface of the substrate cladding is prepared, then the material is fed for laser melting, and finally the heat treatment process is performed.
The laser cladding mechanical equipment is composed of laser, refrigeration generator set, powder feeding organization, production and processing console, etc. The laser uses a solid-state laser and a common CO2 laser. Among them, CO2 lasers are the most widely used lasers with the largest number of types. They are used in the automobile industry, steel industry, shipbuilding industry, airlines and aerospace industry, motor industry production, mechanical engineering, steel industry, laser cutting processing of metal materials, etc. Widely used in the industry. It accounts for about 40% of the world’s total industrial production laser sales, and even 70% in North America. The laser has the following characteristics:
1. High output power. CO2 laser is one of the lasers with the highest level of power at this stage, and its large continuous power reaches several hundred thousand watts.
2. High efficiency. The photoelectric conversion rate is over 30%, which is much higher than other production and processing lasers.
3. High light quality. The use method is good, the use rate in related industries is high, and the line width is relatively stable in work use.
With the mechanical more continuous and more automation the production efficiency has been damanderd higher As a part of machinery used in industrial production, shaft is easy to cause shaft wear due to long-term over-negative operation, poor lubrication, impurities, external impact and other factors, thus affecting production. Choosing a quick and effective repair method to solve problems and reduce maintenance costs can effectively improve enterprise efficiency and ensure the maximum benefit of the enterprise.Traditional solutions such as repair welding or surfacing machining, welding, etc., Can not fundamentally solve the problem, and dangerous, such as high temperature deformation, cracks, coating fall off; At the same time these traditional methods can not improvement to the equipment management.
Laser cladding repair technology , the use of high energy laser as a heat source, metal alloy materials (powder, paste, filiform, etc.) as a welding material, synchronized alloy material with laser rapid melting molten pool formation, ACTS on the metal surface and rapid solidification of dense, uniform and controllable metallurgical bonding layer thickness,surface repair for provides a good way.
shaft high speed laser cladding
The advantages of laser cladding in shaft repair as follows:
1) To optimize the surface of the shaft, the laser cladding can form an alloy coating with completely different components and properties that is mutually fused with the matrix on the shaft surface. Because the substrate melting layer is very thin, it has little influence on the composition of the cladding layer. We can prepare the surface coating with heat resistance, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, oxidation resistance, fatigue resistance or optical, electrical and magnetic properties according to the specific requirements, thus effectively improving the performance of the shaft surface.
2) metallurgical bonding strength is high, the laser cladding process, cladding material to join by melt completely, make it become the theme of the alloy cladding layer, and matrix alloy also have a thin layer of melt, and theme alloy form metallurgical combination, not easy to fall off, has solved the traditional electroplating, spray, etc in the process of cold working problem of poor bonding strength of coating and the magnesium substrate.
3) Low deformation of heat input, rapid heating and rapid cooling of laser cladding have little impact on the substrate, and the dilution rate is ≤5-8%, thus solving a series of technical problems such as thermal deformation and thermal fatigue damage that are inevitable in traditional welding and tiG welding thermal processing.
Laser repair shaft item application case
Gear shaft laser repair
Laser repair of gear shaft tooth surface
Laser repair of motor electric wheel
Oil stem laser repair for shaft base
Laser repair can not only repair the worn shaft, but also cladding the wear resistant layer on the new shaft surface, so as to effectively improve the wear resistance and corrosion resistance of the shaft and increase its service life.
Laser cladding technology can be used not only on the rotary body, but also on the plane and complex surface. Therefore, it is also widely used in the repair and remanufacturing of mill marks, hydraulic supports, blades, scraper grooves, hydraulic cylinders, gears, die casting molds and so on.
Quality creates brand, professional achieves high quality! WG-HG Laser have a professional team, rich experience, warm service and good prestige. Whether you need laser cladding equipment or laser cladding processing business, HG-HG laser share total win.PLS contact us for more detailed information.
The laser cleaning technology in the laser cleaning machine refers to the use of high-energy laser beams to irradiate the surface of the workpiece to cause the dirt, rust or coating on the surface to evaporate or peel instantly, which can effectively remove the surface attachments or surface coatings to achieve cleanliness purpose. This technology is often used in industrial manufacturing, and in order to ensure the quality of the product during the production process, it is necessary to remove dirt, grease, dust, rust and other contaminants on the surface of the product. The following is to show you the industry application of laser cleaning machine.
In the process of electroplating, phosphating, spraying, welding, packaging and integrated circuit assembly of industrial products, grease, dust, rust and residual solvents, adhesives and other dirt on the surface must be removed to ensure the quality of the next process . The current cleaning methods widely used in the cleaning industry include mechanical cleaning, chemical cleaning and ultrasonic cleaning, but their application is greatly restricted under the constraints of environmental protection and the requirements of the high-precision market. The laser cleaning machine has obvious advantages in various industries.
1. Mold cleaning
In the production process, tire mold cleaning must be rapid and reliable to save downtime. Traditional cleaning methods include sandblasting, ultrasonic or carbon dioxide cleaning, etc. These methods take a long time to clean and easily damage the mold. Since the laser cleaning method can be connected with optical fiber to guide the light to the dead corner of the mold or the part that is not easy to clean, it is more convenient to use, and the rubber will not vaporize, so it will not generate toxic gas and affect the safety of the working environment.
2. Cleaning of old aircraft paint
After the aircraft has been working for a period of time, the surface of the aircraft needs to be repainted, so it is necessary to find a way to remove the old paint. The traditional mechanical paint removal method can easily damage the metal surface of the aircraft and bring hidden dangers to the aircraft. Using the washing machine will not damage the surface.
3. Cleaning of building exterior walls
The exterior walls of many office buildings have cleaning problems. Under normal circumstances, manpower is used to clean the exterior walls, while the laser cleaning system uses optical fibers to clean the exterior walls of the building, so machine cleaning is better than manual cleaning. It is more efficient.
4. Cleaning in the electronics industry
The electronics industry will use lasers to remove oxides, and the electronics industry is suitable for lasers to remove oxides. Before the circuit board is soldered, the component pins must be thoroughly deoxidized to ensure the effect of electrical contact, and the pins must not be damaged during the decontamination process. Laser cleaning can meet the requirements of use, and the efficiency is very high, only one stitch of laser irradiation.
5. Deesterification cleaning in precision instrument industry
The precision machinery industry often needs to remove the esters and mineral oils used for lubrication and anti-corrosion on the parts, usually using chemical methods, and chemical cleaning often has residues. Laser deesterification can completely remove esters and mineral oil without damaging the surface of the part. The removal of contaminants is achieved by shock waves. The explosive gasification of the thin oxide layer on the surface of the parts forms a shock wave, which leads to the removal of dirt instead of mechanical interaction. The material is thoroughly deesterified and used for the cleaning of mechanical parts in the aerospace industry. Laser cleaning can also be used to remove oil esters in mechanical parts processing.
6. Pipeline cleaning in nuclear power plant reactor
The laser cleaning system is also used in the cleaning of pipelines in nuclear power plant reactors. It uses optical fibers to introduce high-power laser beams into the reactor to directly remove radioactive dust, and the cleaned materials are easy to clean. And because it is operated remotely, the safety of the staff can be ensured.